Thursday, June 29, 2006

The One Year Anniversary

Its now approaching the first anniversary of my blog. It doesn't seem like its been a whole year of subjecting everyone to my very opinionated views of the world and life in general. But the calendar doesn't lie.

It was a year ago that I met the person who introduced me to the blog world. Before that I had no idea what a blog was let alone have a desire to write my own. But as it turns out I really enjoy blogging. The Deep End Of The Pool has really become a part of me.

My first blog post "Chivalry isn't Dead: Its just an Endangered Species" was inspired by the guy who got me into blogging. Since then I am very pleased to be able to say that not only do these good men still exist..But I have been priveledged enough to meet a few others who I feel fall into the "chivalrous" category.

Even though there are other chivalrous men out there. The first one will always hold a special place in my heart and in my life. So to him I say "Ek varlang na jou and lief vir jou".

To all of you who stop by to read this blog...Thank you for your comments, for letting me hear your thoughts and opinions, and letting me see a little of your world through the eyes of your blogs. I've loved being here.

10 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

Congratulations on making a year because most blogs die within a few weeks and it takes discipline and creativity and a voice to keep it going.

Jen said...

2 Dollar Productions

Thank you very much! Im still loving it and I guess as long as I do...Ill stay in the pool.

Jen said...

Jef
Well this post is more warm and fuzzy than thought provoking..but thank you for the nice words. I appreciate them.

PS: What do you mean kinda cute? Only kinda?
*grin*

Anonymous said...

Hi there I'm from south africa and I sayou wrote in afrikaans. So do you understand it or do you just know th phrase.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the horrible writing was in a bit of shock when I saw the Afrikaans. *grin*

Jen said...

franco
Goeie More.
Yes I understand the phrase. No I cant speak Afrikaans. I wish I could. I can only read and write alittle.

I am learning slowly. But my teacher only has random access to the internet at the moment.
*smile*

What part of South Africa are you from?

Jen said...

Jef
LOL well I dont know if Id go that far.

*grin*

Anonymous said...

Hi, there I'm from Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape. I'm Afrikaans is my home language so if you need any help please let know.

Lekker dag verder
Groete Franco

Forzavryheid said...

I thought I was the only Seffrican in the village?? : )

Jen said...

Adrian
You are still one of a kind as far as Im concerned.

Lief vir jou.