Monday, June 26, 2006

Day Dreams Of The Future

I have been thinking about what kind of life I want. I'm starting to realize that when I daydream about it...I'm not thinking in terms of what kind of a job Ill have or how much money I will be making. Yes I guess those things are important. After all it helps if you don't hate going to work each and every day. And not struggling to pay the bills and feed the bulldog would be a plus too.

(For those of you who don't get southern speak..I don't really want a bulldog. Its just an expression. *grin*)

But when I do sit back and think about it. I would like a house. In the country or in the burbs I don't really care..As long as its a quite neighborhood with trees. One of those places kids can still ride their bikes. If they still exist.

The house doesn't have to be big...Just big enough for myself and the man of my dreams. And maybe eventually down the road a kid or two or three. Whatever we are blessed with will be ok with me.

It will have lots of windows...The kind that go almost to the floor. The kind that make the house sunny on good days...And on days when the weather is right..I can open the windows and let the curtains blow in the breeze. I can hear the night sounds...I can hear the kids out in the yard laughing as they play hide and seek in the shadows at dusk. Or I can watch the firefly's when they come out in the summer time.

It will have a huge wrap around porch with a swing on it some place. It will have a humming bird feeder hanging by the window so I can watch the birds come to drink. And plenty of hooks that I can hang big pots of flowers on in the spring. Maybe even some big french doors that come off of the bedroom or the kitchen so I can walk outside in the cool of the morning and drink my coffee. Or sit outside and watch the sun set.

It wont be filled with expensive things...Just comfortable things that feel like home. It will have finger painted pictures on the frig. A big kitchen with herbs growing on the window sill...And a huge table where the kids can make cookies...Getting flour and cookie dough everywhere...Much to their fathers dismay I'm sure.

There will be one big dog and one small one...Who will play with the kids and beg for warm cookies at the door. Leaving doggy nose prints on the glass. There will be homework at the table in the evenings while dinner is being cooked...And everyone piled up on the bed at night for stories.

I will go to softball or baseball games...Dance recitals and field trips. I will be there when they get home from school and enjoy raising them with the man of my dreams.

The man of my dreams is kind and intelligent. He treats me with respect and makes me feel loved and beautiful. He makes me laugh and melts my heart. He will be my biggest fan and he will be my hero. I will be his support system and his cheerleader when he needs it. I will be his sounding board when he needs to talk. I will lift him up so that he feels there is nothing in this world he cant do. And in turn he does the same for me. He is my bestfriend. The person I can tell all my deepest secrets to, all my fears and all my joys. He knows my strengths and all my weaknesses and loves me despite of them all. He makes me feel lucky to have this life , to share it with him. And I will treasure it as more priceless than anything else I could possibly imagine.

6 comments:

running_half_free said...

just passing by and your blog caught my eye. thats a really sweet and comfortable future that you envision. i hope you get what you want, and remember since nothing in the future is certain, leave room for adjustments. you never know, those few minor changes could make a big difference. keep dreaming :)

Jen said...

running half free

Thanks for the comments.

I dont expect perfection. Nor do I expect this dream to be exactly the way I have envisioned it.

But I hope that when the time comes that some of it comes true. As long as its with the right person..the rest of the details will work themselves out.

Jen said...

Jef
I dont expect the reality to be exactly the same as the dream I describe. I realize that there are alot of things that happen in life that no one can forsee.

But I do think if you trust in God...take your time and pick the right person to spend your life with..that anything is possible.

: )

Vishwa said...

Awesome and very touching. Here's my best wishes for your dream to come true. And don't forget to blog once you get there!!!

Jen said...

Thank you Vishwa. That was a really sweet thing to say.

Dont worry, I think blogging is my one addiction. I sometimes pause, but never stop. *smile*

Forzavryheid said...

YES PLEASE TROU VROU : )