Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Chivalry Isnt Dead: Its just an Endangered Species

When did it become unfashionable, politically incorrect or just un-cool to be treated like a lady? I realize that the concept of having a guy open your door or pull out your chair is old fashioned to most people now a days. But to be honest...I think that sucks! Up until now it never really occurred to me that I was missing any of these things. However just recently I met someone who made me rethink this and change my view...
I met A........Are you ready for this?........A REAL Gentleman! Yes that's right, not an imitation, but the real deal.
Sooo the obvious question.....Where has this guy been all my life? Well after getting to know him, I believe the answer to that is probably in a witness protection program or keeping his head down and a low profile. Why would he do this? Because after dating a few High Maintenance, Tire Slashing, Bunny Boiling females he decided this was his best option for his life at the time. Do I blame him?.....NOPE...I can understand completely why he would want to step off the tracks of that dating train to avoid being someone else's road kill. I do think its a shame. When I hear so many women asking the same question "Where are all the Good Guys" why don't they make those anymore? Well they do......They aren't extinct.....They are just an endangered species....And in hiding.
But let me say this...This "MAN", is open, honest, kind, intelligent, extremely funny, romantic and still genuine, flirtatious with out being crude, and speaks to me with respect. How does this make me feel? It makes me feel beautiful, intelligent, sexy and completely feminine....As far as I can see this is a win win situation. So from now on...I want to be treated like a lady. And I would highly recommend it to anyone who asks. I would just like to know who to thank...This really great guy for being who he is? The last boil your bunny girl friend who obviously had no clue what she had? Or maybe his Mom for raising him right? Maybe all three... So with all sincerity....THANK YOU.

13 comments:

Forzavryheid said...

WOW.

I'm happy for you Jen. I can tell that you have had a painful past yourself and hope that this new guy treats you right.

Im SO JEALOUS. : )

Jen said...

Adrian..Thank you for the kind comments and the encouragement...As for the new guy...well he reminds me a lot of you...

sdk said...

Hi Jen,
Thanks for stopping by!

You know...until you mentioned it, I haven't thought about the lack of chivalry either!

Congrats on finding him. I'll be reading to see if I can ascertain how to turn my hubby into one of those!

sdk

Jen said...

sdk..
Thank you for the comments...I feel pretty lucky...Ill let you know about the husband thing..lol

Jen said...

Augustus-Reed... Im from a small town north of you prolly about two and half hours....not to far from the Georgia boarder...

Forzavryheid said...

Swimming anyone?

Jen said...

Adrian..

I thought you already were swimming in the "Deep End of the Pool"...lol

Forzavryheid said...

EXACTLY. Swimming alone sucks though.

Jen said...

Dreadcow...Thanks for the feedback...Your probably right...Nice guys and Nice women finish last..I speak from experience with this one..But Im finding out that finding the nice guy is only part of the battle...

The Blogger Formally Known As Van! said...

I bet if you goto my blog you won't believe a thing I write to you here. i am kind of crass there.

I really like what you write. I was full of Chivalry, but then something happened. They are out there you know... sometimes something changes us thats all.

Jen said...

Van..I believe you..I think sometimes we dont realize we are changing until after its happened and we think back on what we used to be like..Someone once told me that change never usually happens in a huge leap..it starts in small doses..and when the small things become the norm...it leaves the door open for the bigger things...until they become normal..and so on..I look on my limited experiences..and I can see this is true for me at least..I guess it just sneeks up on you..

Bruce Kent said...

I like to think of myself as a true gentleman but alot of times some woman don't apperciate it. Sometimes they can't handle being with a gentleman. They are so used to being with asses and jerks that they think its the norm.

Jen said...

C. E. Farmer..This very true..You would not believe how many guys tell me "Well the only way most women want to be around you is if you treat them like crap" And I guess I have seen alot of men and women that seem more attracted the worse you are to them..But if thats the kind of person you're with isnt that saying something right there? I mean if the ony way you can get his or her attention is to be an ass...Somethings telling me that its time to kick them to the curb and find someone whos in a more heathy frame of mind..