Sunday, January 08, 2006

Becareful What You Wish For...

Hello Everyone!

I have been getting some messages from some of my friends out there telling me that I'm taking my job of non-profit slacker far to seriously and that I needed to post something new.

So to those of you who wanted something new..All I can say to you is..."Becareful what you ask for, You might just get it"


I hope everyone is well so far in this 2006 New Year...And that everyone made it through New Years Eve without requiring medical attention or bail money. I had a good time with friends and went out a little bit...I didn't get myself into any trouble I'm proud to say..But I did manage to kick some natural butt in Poker.

Yes that's right...Now you know another one of my vices...I like to play poker...On New Years Eve...The gods were smiling down on me...Because my friends and neighbors, I am here to tell you..That this girl could do NO wrong. Every single card I touched that evening was gold in my hands. I played hand after hand and each one was better than the last.

Now some might say that the reason I did so well was the condition or the skill of my competition. And while I cant say for sure if this is the case, I will have to concede it could have something to do with it.

But there was something satisfying to see this 5'2" inch..120 pound girl kick some butt out of some bad talking big old hairy boys who think as a rule they are poker gods...It was a beautiful thing.

My very last hand of the night..It was down to me and one other guy. He thought he had me beaten. He had a full house...Queens and Jacks...Until I laid down my cards...FULL HOUSE....KINGS AND ACES!!!! Who says there is no poetry in simple things?

From what I have read some of my fellow bloggers have started their prospective New Years with a bang...I have read a few of their blogs and gotten a few emails with details of such. Looks like Jenn has gotten her new Year off on the right track..Congratulations about going to Day Shift...I know your little boy is going to love that.

JG Stephan I have been told consumed some burnt punch...He also played some poker and went out with a few friends...And also had the poker gods smiling down on him. He and I have decided he must be my brother from another mother...We are too much alike. Maybe this is so..We both have the poker thing going on...lol

Dreadcow, while in Iraq right now..Is doing well. Considering his location and his job. I'm happy that we still are able to keep in touch and that I get to hear about his life there. It makes me realize how lucky I am to be here in this country. How lucky I am to have a friend like him. If there is one thing I can count on with Dreadcow...If you ask him a question..You get a straight forward answer....He is my reality check. (Be safe)

If you happen to be wondering whats going on much farther south...I mean waaayyyyy SOUTH......Check out the new photos on Adrians "Off My Blog" My Photos....You wont have to ask why he hasn't posted in a while...the pictures speak for themselves...I'm sorry I missed that party...lol

Im just kidding Adrian : )

Hes actually been pretty busy....Hes got a new job that he just started in this New Year...and a new apartment. If you check out the pictures you will see that being back in South Africa is obviously working for him..He looks great! Although I still get to talk to him pretty frequently... I still miss his blog posts a lot...and hope the internet situation gets itself worked out soon so he can get back to it. (Ek varlang na jou)

To the rest of my fellow bloggers who I haven't had the chance to hear from or read about..How's it going so far for you? Give me a shout and let me hear from you..Id like to hear how the New Year has been treating you thus far.

I have missed you all.

12 comments:

Jen said...

Thank you Thomas..its good to be back.

I see you havent changed...still as handsome as Kiefer Sutherland : )

Steven said...

Jen - If you want to practice online download this, its safe.

Later
Steve

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/?aff=564&code=GOWEN&int=10000018&ext=

Anonymous said...

!!

I'm a reality check? That's a new one, but I'll take it as a compliment. I'm usually the one who keeps reality at bay! Haha!

I'm still in shock that a woman would openly broadcast how much she weighs. Glad to see you gots the confidence!

*goes back to doing stalker things*

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I was a lurker, but I'm glad you're back. You have some kind of moxey girl!

GNDTX

Jen said...

Steven Rawski
Utoh...Steven are you trying to encourage my addiction here? lol


Ghandi from The "D"
Thank you for the kind words..Im glad you liked it..hope to see you again..: )

dreadcow

Yea I know...your not a nice guy, you are reality challenged...yada yada yada...lol

All I know is..when I ask a question I get a straight forward no holds bared answer..and I like that. I know I may not want to hear it or even agree with it...But what Im going to hear is your honest opinion.

So yes its a compliment : )
Be safe love ya


Girl Next Door
LOL I have never had a lurker..But you are more than welcome anytime..and Thank you its good to be back..Ive never been told I have moxey before. Im usually just told Im a smartass and its left at that..lol

JgStephan said...

"LOL"

I will check out the photos from Adrian. The pictures speak for themselves? I am curious...

Jen said...

Stephan
What are you laughing at..YOU know I know what you were doing New Years Eve lol..And If Im not mistaken..YOU have some photos of your own that speak for themselves..LOL


Jef
Thank you..Its good to be back
Better becareful with the Aces...Didnt Wild Bill Hickok get shot dead for a hand of Aces and eights....Its the deadmans hand.

Forzavryheid said...

Love our photo!!
: )

Jen said...

adrian
Me too!..It turned out great didnt it? : )

Forzavryheid said...

JEN: Cant wait for April... see you at the Airport!

Jen said...

Adrian

Troublemaker! You are so so so bad! lol

Jen said...

hulabelly
Yes he is..very much so. Thats how he gets away with being a troublemaker...lol