Friday, January 13, 2006

What Are They Thinking?

I am fascinated by stories that are sooo weird but true none the less....I cant help but share one when I hear about it or read it...This was on the local afternoon news...

Sometimes You Get The Mouse.. Sometimes The Mouse Gets You

A guy decides to dispose of a mouse he's just caught inside his home. Instead of just placing this mouse outside..Or even putting him in a trash receptacle of some kind...He decides the best course of action is to put said mouse on top of a pile of leaves he's got burning outside. Which he does...

The mouse..Who apparently isn't dead...But only stunned..Decides burning to death isn't what he had planned for his day...As his fur starts to catch on fire...He runs off the pile of burning leaves and heads straight back toward what used to be his home and shelter...The mans house.

The mouse had never been instructed on the STOP, DROP AND ROLL method in the event he should catch on fire...So when the flaming mouse gets into the house...He promptly catches the house on fire....Before the fire department or the man who owns the house in question can do anything about it...The entire house is engulfed in flame and burns to the ground.

There has to be a moral to this story...But to be honest I just cant think of what it could be at this moment.


Mummy Dearest

The other weird story of the day involved the mummified body of a woman. The woman police believe had to have been dead for approximately 2 1/2 years.

Ok, well they unfortunately find dead people all the time....And while mummified is a little unusual...The part that creeped me out...Was that this lady was found in the upstairs part of her home...

She had said she did not want to be buried when she died...Her family took this seriously...So they just left her sitting in a chair and turned on an air conditioner...Closed the door and continued to live in the bottom half of the house.

Now this story....EWWWWWWWWWWWW on so many levels I don't know if I can pick just one. The fact that her body mummified is interesting to me on a curiosity scientific sort of level.

But the question I have, is how could you continue to live in a house where you knew Mom or Auntie Elvira...Was slowly decomposing upstairs while I was eating my frosted flakes downstairs?

I'm not sure how the science works here...But I do know that most things as they decompose start to produce a smell from the gases of that decomposition...Doesn't this happen when someone mummifies? And if so..That alone would have made me rethink just shutting the door and going back to my business.

Im sorry but ewwwwwww

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what's with people these days? Or have they always been this kooky? I say they's always been this kooky.

Now the guy and the mouse ... that's just plain odd.

GNDTX

DS Irvin said...

ok, where do you find these stories. the mouse one is kind of funny

Forzavryheid said...

I have always said that being stupid should be illegal...

THAT GUY GIVES ME A STRONG ARGUMENT

And as for Gran? She takes chillaxing to a whole new level.

Anonymous said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ mouse story

Thanks, I needed that.

And I probably would have done the same thing. I have a fascination with fire and shit that blows up.

JgStephan said...

The story with the mouse remind me on a old episode of Tom & Jerry.

The family from the second story has certainly to often watch the movie Psycho... Or was it perhaps the son from Norman Bates? "lol"

Jen said...

Girl next door

I have come to the conclusion that people are just becoming stranger and stranger..I have no clue where their thinking processes come from? How do you even go about going from point A to B thinking like that?


Illimitable voices
I dont really look for them..they sort of come to me. I guess that probably says something about me maybe..lol These were on the afternoon local TV News.

I agree about it being funny..I hate it for the guy loosing his house..but I couldnt help but laugh..Its that what goes around comes around thing..lol

Adrian
It doesnt have to be illegal.. From what I can see not only does the universe or mother nature hate stupid..but it has its own weird sense of humor when dealing with it.lol

The mummy thing is just to icky for words.



Dreadcow
Im glad you enjoyed the mouse story. I do what I can to make you smile..The next story will involve a Bazooka, a chicken, and a nun..toon in later...lol



JGStephan
I hadnt thought of Norman Bates..but now that you mention it..ewwwwwwwww.

You are right the mouse story was definitly a Tom and Jerry moment. lol

Humour and last laugh said...

what the animal rights' activist might be thinking? did the rat has his rewvenge?

JgStephan said...

Do you have become the emails from me in the last days? You have answered one, but your email was without text. Perhaps I have problems, I don't know...