Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Yes There Is A Santa Claus

I remember very clearly the day I came home and told my mom that I had heard that their was no Santa Claus...

She was standing at the kitchen sink working on something for dinner...I was in there talking to her about my day ...Anything and everything that had happened.. Things to which she always listened to and joined into the conversation..Everything from "Are teachers supposed to smell like that? To... "Will paste really make your insides sticky if you eat it"?

These are all serious questions when your young..At this age, you realize that all the things you learn on the playground may not be completely accurate, but there is probably some grain of truth to them..

So when I ran the whole "No Santa" issue by her..I expected a stronger reaction than the one I got...Her lack of shock and or surprise all by itself made me curious...First of all let me say..I already suspected this was no rumor...I was getting to that age where I was looking at things from a more logical point of view..And the whole Santa story just didn't add up in a lot of ways. But I was also..Not wanting to look at it to closely...I was still content with the idea of Santa and Christmas.

I had thought about just letting it slide since mom really didn't comment much on it...But curiosity..Which has always been my downfall got the better of me. Soo I asked her..."Do you believe that's true"?

This is what she told me...

She said that Santa was there for children...And that when children got older and grew up sometimes they stopped believing in the same things they did when they were little...

BUT...(and here's the loophole).....As long as a child believed in Santa...That they continued to get presents from Santa..And when and if they stopped believing, they still got presents..It was just that they got them from their Mom and Dad....
(A HUH..Wheels turning)

Ok now...I wasn't the brightest kid...But even I could do the math on this one.....Santa + Mom and Dad....Or just Mom and Dad....HMMMMMMM.....This seemed to be a no brainer....So that's when I decided that I was going to continue to believe in Santa regardless of the stories or evidence to the contrary..

To this day if you ask me is there a Santa....I will tell you "OH YES THERE IS"!!
And if we can get the bats out of the chimney...Ill be looking for him again this year.

9 comments:

JgStephan said...

That is a sweet story. :)
Some weeks ago I had made a joke about this topic you had told me "Oh yes there is a Santa Claus!!", I was surprised(confused)... Now I know what you mean.

Jen said...

Thomas
GOOD JOB!..Then you can devote your full time to your slacker duties..I dont like to see one of our own get bogged down in real life...lol



Stephan
Yea I was a cute kid..still a dork. See and you thought I was just teasing about the whole Santa thing huh? NOT SOOO..: )


Jef
Its only sad if you let them take Santa away from you!! Not this girl, if the bats dont get him..hes still on the job at this house.

I hope your stepson still has a little more claus time to go : )

PNA said...

oh i believe in santa,......and the same path as urs i take ...santa = mumma + dad

well there used to be a time i used to be scared of the santas who came visiting home during the christmas season and i would run away as soon as i heard the jingles .....
times have changed and i have become a santa too as i too give presents to my loved ones my dad, mom and bro and my friends..

whoever gives presents with love even if it is a kiss is santa i believe ...

ho! ho! ho! meeeeeeerrry christmas jes

Jen said...

hulabelly
Awwwwww Thank you so much for saying that sweetie..I needed that today. You are one of my favorites too!

I hope Santa will be good to you this year. : )


Thomas
Of course Im a cute kid! And if you talk to Santa..you might want to mention that to him..lol


Ash
I agree with you..now that Im older...I love giving the gifts as much as getting them. There is something so cool about picking something out for someone..and then seeing them smile when they open it...It is the best feeling in the world.

What I have come to realize too, is that its usually the simple sentimental things you give that mean more than anything else. Its great how that works.

Jenn Doll said...

Jen, I was trying to find an email address in your profile...

Jen said...

Jenn
Look again... : )

Jenn Doll said...

YAY!

DS Irvin said...

the only thing i want for christmas is my two finals to be over :-)


.... and two A's

Jenn Doll said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Jen! xoxo