Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Home Is Where The Heart Is........

My very first post as a blogger was about the existence of a chivalrous man. I had met one for the first time and It surprised me and pleased me to know that they do indeed exist. Since then I have met a few others who would fit into this category. I'm happy to say. But the first one is always going to have my heart.

Chivalry may not be dead..But it does occasionally fly south for the winter. This is the case with my chivalrous man. I find myself feeling very lost right now. I am a little surprised that I am feeling like this. I mean its not as though he were gone forever. I guess its that I have discovered that after months of talking to this person each and every day, sometimes until the sun came up. I find it empty and entirely too quiet now that they have gone. I guess sometimes you don't realize how much you really miss something until its not there anymore.

I don't really trust easily. At least not anymore..When this person came into my life I wasn't looking to find someone to trust or share my secrets with. Maybe that's part of why this person is so different from others I have met.. Maybe that's what makes a truly chivalrous man..The ability to share that part of themselves that lets you know they understand the meaning of loyalty, honesty and respect. Aren't these things the solid base we look for when building a relationship with someone?...Whether that relationship is a friendship or something deeper.

I was told that true love is the ability to put another's needs above your own..Its selfless...So with that thought in mind I am truly glad that this person is home now with their family and friends. In a place that has always been important and held so much meaning for them. Because I can truly say that their happiness is what I care about most.

But I still miss them..Still feel empty not talking to them, even though I know in my heart that where they are now is best for them.


If home is where the heart is...then mine is much farther south.

6 comments:

Vishwa said...

Jen,
Good post. Bet you wrote from your heart, in one go, with no revisions!

Jen said...

vishwa
Thank you. Yes I did.

JgStephan said...

I know of what you write and why you have written this entry.

Chivalry is a virtue, becoming rarer and rarer. In today's time other things are more important for the most people. Coolness, a lot of money and many more...

I have no time now and read your Blog later from the beginning.

Forzavryheid said...

Ek is terug my engel!

Ek verlang baie na jou en kan nie wag om weer n slag met jou te praat nie.

(Check jou e-mail)

BAIE LIEF VIR JOU!

Jen said...

JgStephan
Cool and money arent always as great as the appear. I think I would rather have things much more basic and simple...straight forward is better.


Adrian
Im glad your ok. You sound happy so Im happy for you.
Ek varlang na jou liefling

Anonymous said...

I prefer earning someone's trust rather than having them trust me (a complete stranger) explicitly - it shows me their level of maturity.

It alarms me also when people open up too quickly and begin spilling their innermost darkest secrets even though you've only just met you.

For me it's a complete turn-off, not only because of the dirty laundry that's been laid out to dry, but because of the this immaturity on their behalf.

But then again... maybe I'm just that kind of bloke that sees people open up (I missed my calling as a shrink!).

;o)