Monday, September 05, 2005

I Love The Way Things Work



I have always been fascinated by the way things work. I am one of those people who sees something done and has to turn it over and see how it was put together or functions. I am addicted when it comes to those shows on TV that build something or explain some mystery. I love to watch them restore old cars or build motorcycles. I love the way they design, shape and paint to create.

I am also interested in the mystery of science. The way they can put together small pieces of fiber here or a spot of DNA there like pieces of a puzzle. Yes, I am a CSI junkie as well. I recently found out that the science that makes up the CSI show isn't as compact as the show leads you to believe. I suppose I should have logically known this. Apparently the characters are a composite of many different aspects of the forensic field. In real life it would take much longer to piece together this puzzle and it would be in a variety of hands, each doing a specific task. I should have known this, because it seems pretty obvious and logical that it wouldn't work the way its portrayed on TV and that they would make those changes for dramatic license to benefit the show.

I have never really seriously considered committing a crime. Definitely not one that would require CSI to pull out their bag of science tricks to pin the crime on me..But there have been a few times in the past that I think my mom was tempted to put a couple young men in shallow holes in our back yard. Not that I can blame her considering the circumstances. I think she's gotten past her homicidal thoughts, but just in case..I don't think Ill mention this whole thing about CSI not working the way it looks on TV..I may decided I want to date again someday and she still owns that shovel.

6 comments:

Forzavryheid said...

Tell your Mom I say hi. : )

DS Irvin said...

You know, i've never really gotten into csi but, I can relate to the mom thing. I think there have been a few holes dug for me in the past. :-) I'm a new man now, so it's all good.

DS Irvin said...

i can't get your music to play.. so sad

DS Irvin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
exMI said...

Should Adrian be worried?
Mythbusters is my current favorite of the "do stuff" shows.

Jen said...

Adrian
LOL..sure will.



illimitable voices
Glad to hear your reformed..LOL
Did you click on the play arrow and it still didnt work? It plays for me fine hmmmmmmm..Im not sure whats up with it. Try again and let me know.It does take about 15 seconds to load.

exMI
NOO I dont thin Adrian has anything to be worried about LOL..
I like myth busters too...