Saturday, August 20, 2005

You Own It, But Can You Operate It?

Common sense..Your probably an owner, but can you operate it? That may sound like a stupid question I suppose. But more and more I read things and see things that make me ask myself what are they thinking?

Recently I have seen a few stories about individuals who decided for what ever reason being a thief was the way to go. This wouldn't be my first choice as a career path, but that's just me. And I realize if you are choosing to be a thief your common sense is probably already lacking. But at least try! Do not rob a home and then have to call for a ride...Or break in and decide that now is the time to take a little nap (yes someone actually did both of these things). Maybe I shouldn't be giving advise on how to be a criminal. But it seems to me the point is to get in, get what you want and get out again with out being caught. The more time you spend in the place your robbing the more your chance of being caught increases...DUH...I think if your objective is to be a successful thief, if there is such a thing, then not getting caught might be something you want to consider. However, I suppose if your objective is to be caught, then you're probably going about things just the right way. I know prison probably looks really appealing. Free roof over your head, food, job, TV to watch and some big guy who thinks you're just the sweetest thing. I can see how all this would be an attractive calling card to some people.

But what about this woman, who got head lice from her school age children and heard that kerosene would kill them. After treating herself to a kerosene shampoo she decides having a smoke is a good idea. Can you say flammable? If not you better be able to dial 911.

Or the woman who wanted to do a little shoplifting and when trying to get out of the store drops her handbag. Then later goes to the police department to claim it. They arrested her..Can you imagine that?

Why do you think they need to put warning labels on plastic bags telling you not to put them on your head they might cause suffocation? Its for people like this. You may own some common sense but you have NO idea how to operate it.

7 comments:

Forzavryheid said...

If I try and steal your heart, will that make me a criminal?

If so:

I'D LOVE TO BE CAUGHT. : )

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DS Irvin said...

I hate spam-bots.

I was watching some FOX or Spike TV program on dumb criminals, at 2am the other night. There was this one guy who robbed a convenience store with a garbage bag on his head and suffocated himself.

Forzavryheid said...

Activate the word verification on your comments settings- these SPAMMERS are getting outta hand!

Jen said...

Adrian
You cant steal what you already possess.
Lief vir jou



LadyNatasha..Thank you. Ill go check it out.



illimitable voices
I guess thats why our prisons are so full..You cant be too bright if crime is your career choice.