Thursday, August 18, 2005

A Woman Walks Into A Bar....

A woman enters a bar already drunk with a baby in a carrier. When the bartender sees her he can tell she's not in any shape to be there so he tells her to leave...Which she does.... Forty some minutes later one of the bars patrons leaves the same bar and sees the baby in the car strapped into its carrier....Mother passed out in the front seat. The bartender calls 911.. The customers in the bar are able to open the car and remove the baby in its carrier from the car all with out waking the mother. When the police get there......They find the mother passed out, baby with the customers, empty baby bottle in the back seat next to an empty beer bottle....

The police arrest this woman for child endangerment.....duh you think? Her parents already have her oldest which they are raising.. Now it looks like they get to keep the baby too. But the thing that really gets me. Her dad when questioned says She is really an excellent mother its just that she's keeping some bad company these days.

OK now I'm taking deep breaths and counting to 10 because this story really truly pisses me off. I know some people fight their personal addictions. I realize alcoholism is a disease. I have no sympathy for someone regardless of their addiction when they put a child at risk. And if you want me to be really cold blooded about this, her dad needs to have his ass kicked too. He and his wife maybe raising the kids and I will give them that one. But he's enabling this woman to keep doing what she's doing by making excuses for her behavior by saying its the company she's keeping. I don't care if its the drinking, drugs or whatever.......SHE IS AN ADULT...And not just an adult a mother. Those kids didn't ask to be brought into this world. If they can count on no one else, they should be able to rely on their mother for protection and safety.

Some where along the line we have become a society of excuse makers. Are you any less guilty of a crime if you were under the influence when you did it? I say hell no it doesn't. Look if you have a problem seek help. Being ill isn't a free pass.


I had a good mom. I'm lucky. She drove me absolutely nuts, but she at least loved and protected me. She also told me.. You know right from wrong. If you make mistakes you own up to them, fix them if you can and learn from them so you don't repeat them. I may act like I wasn't listening but I was.

15 comments:

exMI said...

Yet another arguement for enforced steriliazation of certain people. If you can't be trusted to raise children, you shouldn't be allowed to have them.

Stubert??????

Forzavryheid said...

EXMI: LOOOOOOOONNNNG story.

Jen can explain...

Jen said...

dreadcow...Pick the right girl you wont have to raise or take care of her lol..Besides shouldnt it be a mutual thing you take care of each other? And as far as the kid thing goes..From what I have been told..your never completely ready for thos, you just hang on and go with the flow. But waiting until you feel ready is a good plan.

Jen said...

marriedman..welcome, and milk is good..lol

Jen said...

Adrian James...YOU are a trouble maker..LOL...But thank you for the compliments, Im sure little Stubert will turn out great, after all look at his father. : )

lief vir jou

Jen said...

exMI..I couldnt agree with you more..some kids would be better off being raised by wolves.

As far as the Stubert thing goes..Adrian is trying to see if he can put me on the spot here..Truth is hes proposed to me a total of 54 times already and if we have children..the first one is going to be named after hes best friend Stu...hence the name Stubert...He doesnt think I will out him about all this publicly..but guess what...balls in your court now Adrian lol

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...

~~/\~~
I have compasion for anyone who is stuggling with addiction. If they want to seek help for that addiction I support them. If they dont seem to have the strength to do this, then fine.. But dont expect me to make excuses for it. I have a parent who has had a problem with alcohol. And I know first hand what its like to live in that type of home. I do not have patience when they drag innocent children into the hole they have put themselves in. I do try and look at how lucky I am not to be in their shoes. I just dont happen to think having a "problem" with substances should be a free pass for all the bad behavior, especially when there are children involved.

Forzavryheid said...

I'm gonna be a daddy!!

YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Lief vir jou!

MARRY ME?

(Make that 55)

Forzavryheid said...

~~/\~~: I'll GLADLY play God and sterilise every bad parent, if a person is as useless as this woman and her parents are just as slow on the uptake, they need to be neutered.

There is no awwwww...shame in this situation. Infants cannot defend themselves and there is no excuse for the bad behaviour, youre just shifting the blame.

Vishwa said...

Jen,
Your posts make for an interesting reading. Ever thought seriously about a career in writing?
Keep blogging, take care.

DS Irvin said...

A career in writing is tough. It is better to make writing a hobby and then, if it takes off, make it a career.

Anyway, I love the common sense things you find. People do dumb things. And, I think that those people were put on this earth for our amusement. If you ask me, it is free public entertainment.

Jen said...

Stu-man
AWWWWW thank you!..Im not sure why your full of pudding but I was told its a good thing.

ps....About the apartment, Im really very touched...Thanks for the offer..I dont think a weekend will get the job completely done..but its a good start. : )

Jen said...

vishwa....
I had a friend get me into blogging a month or so ago and now Im hooked. At this point its more for the fun of doing it than if anyone reads it. But Im glad you are interested and enjoyed it. Thank you.



Madman....
I agree..I know you have first hand knowledge about things like this with your posts about DG. And its not that I dont have compasion for people with problems. But when you add a child into it..my sympathy goes out the window.

Jen said...

illimitable voices..
I dont know that I would make a carreer at writing. But I do know I enjoy blogging. And if someone enjoys reading it then thats just a plus.
As far as common sense goes..Its one of thos things that doesnt cost anything..you dont need 4 plus years of higher learning to use it. I think while most people are owners..few understand how to operate it.