Saturday, August 19, 2006

Welcome To My World

I woke up this morning at 5:30 am. I lay there in the dark trying to figure out why I couldn't sleep and why I was feeling so restless. About 7:30 or so when the parental units leave for work..I decided to get up...Pour myself an industrial size cup of coffee and check the email. Read a few blogs.

Ok that took all of about 5 minutes...Because lets face it hardly anyone blogs or even emails on the weekends...

I turned on the TV.....Dear lord what has happened to Saturday morning cartoons? Between those and the bad TV infomercial's...There is nothing going on there. Id would have even settle for reruns of American Chopper or the Biker Build Offs right now. But no such luck there.

I decide to opt for some music. Cranked up a little CCR...(Creedence Clearwater Revival) Which while I enjoyed it......it has just made me more restless for something to do. Or maybe that was the 3 cups of coffee I've had so far.

Normally Id be munching on some Special K Red Berries cereal about now......But this morning that's not sounding so great. So I decided to nuke the left over fettuccini. YES.. For breakfast. I've never personally understood why people get so ridged with what can and can not be consumed for a breakfast food. I can eat ice cream for breakfast and cereal for a night time snack. And occasionally do.

Id call a friend...But everyone I want to talk to right now, is to far away on the other side of the world and probably at work. Helping misguided Americans onto a trains. Lucky Americans.


I've been invited to do the regular weekend thing on the river or out at the lake. But the weather is looking sort of iffy right now. Maybe in a few hours that will improve.


Besides that, none of my local friends will be up this early. Most of them are never up at this time of the morning. Unless they just haven't gone to bed yet from the night before. Which is a definite possibility.

So here I sit ....Trying to blog. Completely bored out of my brain. And now after reading this....So are you.

Welcome to my world.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Hullabelly
I hear ya..Too bad youre not here.

We could have some oreo's and be bored together.

Of course..If I had oreos and a buddy to talk to right now..I wouldnt be bored.

*smile*

ps: Hows the new place? Are you loving it?

Forzavryheid said...

I LOVE American passengers!

I get paid to say SIR and M'AM. They do it for free!! : )

Jen said...

Adrian
Only the passengers huh?

I hope they tip you well. You rake up all that nasty American cash you can collect sweetie!

lief vir jou *kiss*




Hullabelly

I dont think we would even have to mention the Oreo's to get him over here.

*grin*

But the three of us hanging out might be a lot of fun!

Forzavryheid said...

COUNT ME IN LADIES!

JgStephan said...

I hope my email with the song arrived you.

Anonymous said...

Like E I am prone to lock solid opinions and my opine on saturdays is that it is a day that should be wiped off the calendar. I feel we could do with out them. Boring boring boring. Nothing on tv, only sports...dare I say ishta! If ya go shopping tons of ppl everywhere....double ish. I think the real reason I hate saturdays is there is noooooo inherent structure in the day. news is off, work is off, off is off. At least on sunday you can relax as nothing is going on. But sat. is a nothing day. I hate them.

Thank God I work at nite and never have a set schedule of work days, kinda hit and miss. I always have to ask Bear what day it is. Thank heavens for computers with that little thingy in the corner that sez...Mon..or Tues..or Wed.

In the old days I even remember calling the telephone operator to ask her the day and date. Guess you'd have to be a nite worker to understand that tho.