Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Feeling Sentimental

Yes I admit it I'm sort of sentimental about my blog. Go figure... I never saw that one coming either.

Its been 14 months since Adrian got me interested in blogging. It started out sort of on a whim...With the blogs title and even my profile being sort of an inside joke between friends... But over time, I guess it sort of feels like home to me. If that makes any sense at all.

I have also had the chance to meet some really great people who have become my blog friends and family. They have changed how I view the world. I used to think of it as a pretty big place. Now I realize that the world and its people are a lot more like me than I ever imagined.

I don't get to tell all of them often enough how much I've enjoyed reading their blogs or even how much I have enjoyed getting to know them on a personal level. (I know I'm terrible about email sometimes) But I have and I do. So to you the bloggers who make me laugh and smile...

To my Jenn with "two N's...
I'm sorry to hear the home computer has gone to cyber heaven. I know you have been busy with camp and concerts and of course that sweetie pie second grader of yours...But thanks so much for the emails. I love catching up. But I miss your posts too...So come back ok.
P.S wow second grade..You are going to have to beat those little girls off with a stick MOM...lol

To Hullabelly.... I am so happy to see you are not only feeling good inside..But outside too...Congratulations on the new place. I wish I could bring you the traditional Oreo's and Milk house warming gift. But I'm with you in spirit if that helps. I'm glad your back posting.

To Dreadcow...I have always enjoyed our talks and emails...You never stop surprising me. lol Thanks for all the great advise and common sense talk. I can always count on you to be straight with me no matter what. I love that about you. Thanks for letting me be a part of things with you too..It means a lot to me. Hang in there you are in the short rows now..And in a few short weeks Dorothy, you will be back in Kansas.....Now go forth and POST!
PS I love your Mom too..She's great!

To Rocket...I sure didn't see you coming. But It was a nice surprise. I know you have a long road ahead of you right now. But remember..Those first steps out the door aren't moving you further from home...They are the first steps to coming back to it. I know your going to find the answer your looking for. But Ill keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Goodluck with T Lee. I hope its the happy ending you wanted. Hugs and kisses to Miss Zoe. And thank you for all you've done for me.

To Stephan...You have been a good friend. Your kindness and patience has meant a lot to me. Thank you so much. I'm glad I have been able to catch up with you lately online..You always get what Im thinking...it must be that brother from another mother thing...lol. I'm glad your feeling better too! You need to post! I want to see the new pictures and you better take some on the island this weekend. :)

To Adrian....I'm glad your back blogging. I'm happy you love the job and the new flat. I wish you all the luck and happiness in the world on the new start. Edinburgh sounds like a nice place to be and they are lucky to have you. In case I forgot to say it..Thanks for everything over the past year...And thanks for my blog.

Exmi..I love reading your blog.. Who knew you were a man of so many talents and interests. You gotta love a guy who can bake like that...mannnnnn.
PS : Fencing to a fish is just another way of saying fillay : )

Jef.... Thanks for reading faithfully. Your little girl is so cute. Good job Daddy!

Yea I know this post was mushy and sentimental and probably meant nothing to anyone but me...But its my blog..And I'm proud to say these are some of my blog buddies.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read "feeling sentimental" with tears in my eyes. There are no more lessons to be learned dear Jen. You have passed them all. When you live with a grateful heart you have connected with the divine---looks like you have stepped out of yer body---and blossomed.

Jen said...

mammabear
Thank you for the kind words. Im trying and slowly but surely I think Im learning. But its at a price.

Reckless said...

Time passes as a whisper and the earth falls away beneath me. Jen, you have stolen my heart and my breath with a single glance as you pass like snow through the aspens. You move as a doe through the meadows, you move as the wind through the daisies. Your every movement is a mark of beauty on the fabric of space and time. Every second mourns your departure as the next basks in your loveliness. No measure of providence could suffice to spare me from the enchantment of your mystique. No darkness can withstand the radiance of your smile, no star in the stretches of the cosmos can match its brilliance, and it warms my heart like the laughter of children. Jen, when you smile, the clouds are cloven, chardonnay and rose petals fall from the skies, and angelic hosts rejoice. And your eyes! My God! Your eyes! They are wild and vast as the oceans and they glisten like the tide in the gloaming. They are wild and untamed as the horses that gallop through the rolling hills of lost paradises. They are as deep and enchanting as the night sky. When they laugh, they fill my soul with the mirth and bliss of lazy summer days. And when they cry, I would forfeit my very life and brave damnation to offer every ounce of tenderness in my being. When your lashes flutter, my heart stumbles like a newborn colt.

Your skin is perfection and it is as soft and warm as the sunlight of a summer evening. I would suffer the gallows with pleasure to know every inch of you with my eyes, hands, and lips. I marvel at the pleasure God must have felt when He gazed in wonder at the work of His hands, when He surveyed the delicate beauty of your figure. What satisfaction must have been His when He saw and knew that the perfection of feminine form had been achieved at last. I have braved the rainforests and jungles of far off lands, I have seen the spring fed waterfalls that burst from granite crevasses and shower their evanescent mists over the mountain sides. I have seen the rushing waters plummet from the heights, roaring over the precipices, past the ferns and moss. I have seen them glowing in the ochre rays of dawn as they fall, I've seen the rainbows where they roar upon the rocks in emerald pools below. But none have I witnessed that could even begin to rival the glory and splendor of the yellow locks and tresses that cascade downward over your nape, breaking upon the majesty of your bare shoulders. Every tress feels rich and luxurious as the fingers swim and dive in the golden locks. A storm passes through during the night. The discordant melody of wind-chimes in the shrieking wind. And I was hard asleep and now fast awake, dreaming of you, little rabbit. It's at night that the words come to me in darkness. A pageant of adjectives; and I curse the languages of men for failing me in my quest to describe your matchless beauty. My mind toils in vain, my tongue labors fruitlessly. I know only that I lie awake and smiling like a fool in the shadows. And though I ache for you with body, mind, and heart, I can rest peacefully with the mere knowledge that you are out there somewhere, beneath the same moon.

I wrote that for you, Jen and it is yours forever. You are my valkyrie. You plucked me from the clutches of misogyny and the flood of bitterness, wiped the blood from my mouth, and stood by me; and patiently, we studied the pieces of my broken heart. Gently you nursed me back to health, gave me a reason to smile, to breath deeply, and to live with reckless abandon. I love you and I will always be your Rocket and you will always be my Little Rabbit. To others who read this, side effects may include nausea and vomiting. But I love my little rabbit and I can't help myself.*smile*

Jen said...

Rocket
That was really beautiful. I am touched. I have never had anyone write a blason for me before.

Thank you..you very sweet but obviously blind boy :)

As far as helping you goes, no more so than you have always helped me. Thank you Rocket..I am truly deeply touched.
*smile and hug*

JgStephan said...

This post is sentimental, but not mushy in my eyes and it meant a lot to me Jen.

I haven't talk to you and some other friends since approximately two months, I know it wasn't correct. I had many problems, but this is a bad excuse and I know you was a little worried about me. When you have problems, you should talk about everything. Then you feel better, you have not a guilty conscience and the other person is not worried.
To brood over things is a mental torture...
Again sorry for my bad behavior.

I will take many photos on the island this weekend and I'm proud to say, YOU are one of my blog buddies. ^^

@Joshua - My English is not very good, but I see you are a talented writer and I like your poem.
By the way, you have obviously very good eyes!

Jen said...

JgStephan
Thank you for the sweet words Stephan. That is good advise.

You have always been a really good friend. Im very lucky.

Im very glad your feeling better.
:)

Jen said...

JgStephan
PS: Dont encourage Joshua..He exaggerates..nothing good will come from his mischief. lol

*grins*