Thursday, June 08, 2006

Perfect Imperfections

I think most of us have imperfections. Its what makes us all human. I myself will be the first one to tell you that I am riddled with them. I am the veritable Swiss Cheese of imperfections. These imperfections or flaws in my personality, my body and my nature are what make me unique and an individual.

They are also the things that probably have driven my parents to drink. And some of my friends to the brink. But love me or hate me....What you see is pretty much what you get.

I am probably my own worst critic for a reason. I have thought about it and I suppose I do expect perfection from myself. A goal that I know is impossible to achieve. But still, I cant help feel the need to go for it anyway.


I am completely opinionated. I love to think about things..I puzzle them out and turn them over..I have to take ideas all apart and see what makes them tick. I think about it all and then the logic comes to me..The reason in a situation..The purpose for the being of it all.

Now granted..This is my own personal logic and not always one shared by the masses. All of whom I do inflict my opinions on quite frequently. But still, if you know me at all..Its just something you expect. If you like me..Its something you live with..And if you love me..Those thoughts and opinions are actually something you love to hate.

The other day..A good friend of mine had the audacity to refer to me as a "Drama Queen". Now I cut the boy some slack, because he obviously had no idea what kind of hole he had just dug for himself by saying these words. TOO ME! Me of all people..Can you believe that? I know I was shocked too.

But if the truth be told...And this is between you and me. I suppose if I try and be objective....I can sort of see how he would think that about me from time to time. Ok yea I can try and see both sides of the coin. I think in images..I speak in descriptions of the pictures I visualize...I write the same way..So if I'm happy I describe the reason for happy...If I'm sad..Well you get the idea.

Oddly enough though sometimes these descriptions depending on how upset I happen to be at the time..Can be very what I would even call dramatic. So ok..That sort of makes me a some what of a drama queen.

I suppose it wouldn't have bothered me so much except I really dislike those who inflict drama. It bugs me that some will stir that sort of thing up just to get noticed. I personally enjoy being in the background..Watching..Listening. I think you learn more that way.

Is it wrong to be opinionated? Is it wrong to want to blend into the background to watch and listen? Is it wrong to sometimes be a drama queen because you get passionate about certain things? I don't know.

Maybe, maybe not....But either way love me or hate me..What you see is what you get.


"ATTENTION ALL READERS THE DRAMA QUEEN HAS NOW LEFT THE BUILDING" (smile)

4 comments:

Forzavryheid said...

I'm just glad it wasnt me that pissed you off this time!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Although that IS something I really like about you...

Jen said...

Jef
Im always willing to try and see the other point of view..

But I am also one stubborn individual. So I dont always comply even if I do see the other side of the coin.

So that pretty much ruins that whole maturity and wisdom thing...lol



Adrian
What are you talking about? Me mad at you? I think not.

The reason you like it..is because you are exactly the same way yourself. Look in the mirror. lol

Therapy will be forth coming. (NT)

Reckless said...

Jen, I love your style.*laugh* And, NO, there's nothing wrong with living in the background and taking it all in. And I don't think you're a drama queen for getting passionate about various things. But, eeesh! I'd hate to be the chap who called you a "Drama Queen!" I imagine his balls are in traction at some local hospital, eh?

Jen said...

Hey Thomas! Long time no see..where have you been hiding?



Joshua
Well actually Josh..no, he knew I was sort of annoyed at the comment. But considering..my nature with such things. I think I did remarkably well in showing restraint.

He's sort of afraid of me anyway. So I doubt he will make that same mistake again.

Will he?
*grin*