Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Happy Mothers Day Bad Boys...

I have always had more male friends than female. I just think guys are easier..They are more what you see is what you get. In my life time I do seem to have accumulated my share of what could be called Bad Boys for friends.

I'm not talking about Bad Boys as in..Evil.. Because the simple fact is my Mom wouldn't have tolerated that..The few of those type who tried to set up camp at our house were made unwelcome in no uncertain terms. She made it known she had a shovel and was not opposed to digging a few shallow holes in our backyard for those who don't get the hint. : )

However..My mom does have her weaknesses..And the Bad Boys are one of them. If they are making just enough mischief that keeps them on this side of the law..And they can keep her laughing with that charm that they seem to have in full supply she cant help herself, she falls for them.

During the time in our lives that it was just my mom and I living in our little house..Mom was pretty easy going about people being at the house..She's a night owl..So it never bothered her to see someone drop in late at night or hang out till the wee hours of the morning..As long as she was home and awake..And they respected our family and home..She was pretty easy going. She always felt like shed rather have them all sacked out on our floor than who knows where else getting into trouble.

She didn't condone all their bad behavior all the time..But she also was a realist..She knew they were probably going to party..They were going to get into their share of scuffles. That was just growing up. It wasn't unusual to have them calling the house at midnight to see if we were still up. They wanted to come by for a visit..Or they had a question that they had to talk over with Mom.

We live in a small town...It was sort of funny that my mom had this built in radar or ESP when it comes to knowing who's doing what around town. Not so much with the adults, but she kept pretty plugged into what was going on with the crowd I hung out with. So she knew who was dating who..who was cheating on who...who was just randomly sleeping around..Or in trouble at school or with the law. She never had a problem calling them on any of it..I think that's part of what they liked about her..She was point blank said what she thought or what she knew..And in turn they could say anything to her.

Now that most of the Bad Boys have sort of more or less grown up..Some have even gotten married and now have future little bad boys of their own they are raising..They still see my mom and have to come give her a hug or stop by the house to say hi.

Sunday my mom gets a phone call..Its one of her favorites M...

M: Hi there Miss K..I haven't gotten to talk to you in a while and I thought I better call you and wish you a Happy Mothers Day.

Mom: Awwww thank you sweetie..How are you doing?

M: Good, good can't complain.

Mom: How's school going?..Are you staying out of trouble and keeping your grades up?

M: Schools good..I'm out now for summer...But its all good. You know I turned 21 a few weeks ago..And I guess I'm just slowing down in my old age..I cant do all the stuff I used to anymore...

Mom: (laughing)..Oh I see..Yea sweetie you are getting up there. Its probably just because now your legal and the thrill of that stuff isn't as fun any longer.

M: Yea I think you might be right...I was told that would happen..But I never believed it.

Mom: Well, Jen showed me a few pictures of you just recently on the internet..So it looks like your still having your share of fun. You looked good by the way.

M: On the Internet? Where?

Mom: Well honey I believe it was on several different young ladies web pages..

M: Oh really...... I didn't know that. Huh...

Mom: " You looked like you were still having fun...I believe in a few of the photos you were being licked.

M: Ohhhh Mannnn!...I guess I better check that out. Well it was nice talking to you...Happy Mothers Day..I love you..

Mom: I love you too sweetie...(click..Mom hangs up the phone giggling) I love messing with that boy..That just never gets old.

And somethings never change....lol

5 comments:

Forzavryheid said...

Hahahahaha!

I have been practising my digging skills- something tells me that will come in handy when I visit.

Arrived safely- will keep you posted on the details!

Ek verlang ook na jou!

Adrian.

JgStephan said...

That's really funny. HAHAHAHA!
You have a great mother Jen. :)

In the moment I drink a German beer, I must practice a little and be fit when I drink some beers with Adrian. lol

Downtowner said...

Yea, moms will do that to a young man.

Forzavryheid said...

I would PAY to meet your mom! : )

Jen said...

JIM_PURCELL
Dont I know it! :)


Adrian
Well since your in Edinburgh..paying to meet her is your only option.

Oh and in reference to your first comment...I dont think you need to personally worry about the shovel..Although if I were you I wouldnt mention you have a cell phone..thats still a sore subject around here. LOL