Thursday, April 06, 2006

Back In The Saddle

To those of you who might think I have abandoned my blog...Not so. I have been sort of feeling as though the things I have to say aren't worth writing about lately. That maybe I'm just doing the little self pity dance. I'm thinking lately that its time to get off the dance floor and back to it.

Truth is...I have also sort of been inspired by a friend of mine. This person has some "internet difficulties" where they are right now. So they send me their posts and I publish them to their blog for them. It feels good to help out a friend and it makes me feel very James Bondish in a strange sort of way. To know I get to possess the forbidden password and that I get to secretly read everything first before it hits the general public.

This friend of mine is a pretty talented writer and is picking up quite a following of readers to his blog...I can tell the longer he writes the better his writing is becoming. He has a very visual way of writing that makes you be able to understand exactly how he felt when he was in the situation he was writing about.

This is something I can relate to...Because that's how I think. I think totally and completely in pictures. I am and always have been a visual learner. If I wanted to remember something in school I had to not only picture it in my mind but then probably set up some sort of trigger that would call up the information at a later time.

I believe they are called Neumonic Devices. But for someone like me...Its just the key to that door that unlocks what I saved there for a later time.

I think this is why I see most of life in analogies...I compare life's twists and turns to actual things...I see the comparisons in Nature or the physical with the emotional side of life.

So to those of you who read this or at least used to before I dropped off the radar...The analogy queen is back. Lets see if she has something to say this time.

2 comments:

JgStephan said...

Jen is back... :)
You are right, your friend is a pretty talented writer and has a very visual way of writing. ^^

Jen said...

Hey Stephan! Yes he is..and hes getting better and better each day.