Friday, August 12, 2005

Monogamy....Not Just A Bored Game

I have a few male friends, who are all used to me being around, so they usually talk pretty freely in front of me. This can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on the topic of conversation. The other day I was listening to a group of them all talking, of course the topic got around to women. One of them speaks up and declares he is off the market. He's been with a long time girl friend off and on for the past three years. I guess he's decided they are currently on again. His friend beside him then speaks up..."Man I couldn't do that. I would get bored with the same piece of ass all the time"

OK...... Here we go. First of all, if your referring to your current female interest as a "piece of ass", Houston we have a problem. Secondly, while I will agree that monogamy isn't for everyone. I do not agree with the statement made next, that its impossible for a guy to be monogamous. That its not in the nature of males to be with one person.

BULL!!!! If we are the higher life form on this planet and have evolved to what we would like to refer to as a civilized society. Then I will have to assume we are above behaving like animals. We have brains and we reason and think. So there for, its a matter of self discipline, self respect, and consideration for our partners. The problem I have with the above mentioned mentality, is the thinking that its a free pass to behave badly. Its saying, well I'm a guy, all guys are dogs, so what do you expect. Well I expect you to think with the big brain above your waist.....I expect you to act like a man.....A HU-MAN, not an animal and treat me the same as I would treat you. If you choose not to be monogamous fine! I'm not saying you have to be. But just admit you aren't and be done with it. Instead of using some lame excuse as to why you don't have it in you to be faithful to the person your currently with.

Besides the obvious if you truly care for someone, remaining faithful to them shouldn't be a huge hardship. There are also the health risks you encounter by engaging in multiple partners. Not to mention the off chance you could reproduce and spread that joy that is YOU. And unless you decide to abstain completely, there is no birth control that I know of that is 100% effective against any of the above. So for those of you who think Monogamy is boring. Or the board game.. Don't be surprised at some point if you hear those three little words......... "Who's Your Daddy"?

14 comments:

timmy G said...

I LIke It, it makes a lot of snese, and guys do act liket hat around each otehr but htere are girls that are like this too, because they get bored or so they say... my ex girlfriend cheated on me tice for no good reason except that we were apart for like a week, well im sorry that is not right... and i think people shoould be monogamous

Jen said...

timmy g...Yea I hate to say it but girls do it too..alot of them are just plain evil..I just get irritated with people who act like they have no will of their own..thanks for the comments : )

Forzavryheid said...

Hmmmm...

I wanna make my contribution to this. Just to prove it:

MARRY ME JEN?

Jen said...

Adrian...Just as I predicted 53. And if this part of my prediction came true can NT be far behind? lol

PS..becareful what you wish for Adrian..YOU might just get it.

Forzavryheid said...

Ohhhhhhh MAN.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COME TRUE!!!

Jen said...

dreadcow..Thanks for saying that. I dont know how together I am. I think Im just realizing that slow is the way to go. I have done somethings to impulsively in the past and its never worked out. So maybe its time I start walking instead of running and look before I leap..Maybe the next time I land on my feet instead of on my butt. LOL : )

Jen said...

Holmes...Thanks for the comments. I just think alot of people use that as an excuse to act the way they do. If your going to act badly..then do it...but stop blaming movies, rock music. your parents or poor childhood on the things you do. If you are an adult, then its you who is to blame for the choices you make whether they are good or bad ones.

Jen said...

dreadcow..Youre right..I have learned a lot about other people and myself over the past year. I guess Im just not happy completely with what I see. But, Ill figure it out or at least Ill try to. lol

exMI said...

I have learned that I don't like people as a species. there are on the other hand individuals of the group that I care for a great deal. Be selective.

Your "friend" refering to his girlfriend as a "piece of ass" reminded me of a friend who used to call his future wife "the bitch goddess" Can you guess how that marriage turned out????

Jen said...

exMI..Sad thing is some women love that stuff, Go figure. Im just not one of them. lol

Forzavryheid said...

YAY!

Thomas said...

Guys who constantly mess around on their girls are just asking for trouble. The big head is bigger for a reason guys...

Now couples that mess around with other girls are another thing entirely... ;)

Anonymous said...

this is bogus.. i was rediricted.. i wanted a simple freakin audio of "long cool woman in a black dress"..how did i get here?????.... NOT what i wanted...... cute trick.. whores......

Anonymous said...

59 yrs old and newly divorced. I haven't given up on women. My epuipment is giving up on me. I never cheated but was continually accused of it. I think most men like to look and may become infatuated from time to time, but I'm pretty sure that women do too, if they would admit it. I have been that way from time to time, but it eventually goes away and later I think "it was probably better in my mind than it could've ever been if I had acted on it."