Thursday, November 30, 2006

Faking It

I suppose its human to tell the occasional white lie here and there. Lets be honest..who hasn't bent the truth slightly when faced with either hurting someone's feelings or opting for the much easier.."No those don't make your butt look big at all" approach.

Shocking as it may seem...I will even admit there have been a few times in my life when I have faked illness to get out of school or work for that much needed mental health day. But this guy I just read about took the fake cough and sniffle skip day to a whole new level.

When going with his girl friend to her Doctors appointment...He decides to swipe a blank doctors note from the office to excuse himself from work for a few days. Seven days to be exact. Which in my opinion was a little excessive and probably the very thing that drew attention to him.

Now I'm in no way saying it was a good thing to swipe the note or fake the sick days. However, I would almost give him points for being creative enough to think up the note scheme for himself. If it were not for one thing.....

The Doctor his girlfriend was seeing was a gynecologist. I have to ask...what was he thinking? If youre going to go to the trouble of stealing a note..at least do it from a doctor you could have actually seen...Because unless I'm mistaken....one of the main requirements to be seen in this office is possession of a uterus. Which I'm guessing this guy more than likely didn't have.

His employers who were as you can imagine slightly suspicious of his note from a gynecologist decided to call him on it and take him to court. They wanted reimbursement for his sick pay. Understandable.

End result: A Judge in his infinite wisdom told the guy to pay back half of the sick leave he had been given, and to basically stop faking doctors notes and pretending to be pregnant.

I think that's good advise.

Moral of the story: There are some things in life you can fake...but having a uterus is not one of them.

5 comments:

Forzavryheid said...

He doesnt need a gynaecologist... what he needs is a frikkin NEUROSURGEON!

Once again, a shining example of South Africas intellectual capabilities.

Jen said...

Adrian
You could have a point about the neurosurgeon being more helpful here.

But as far as the intellectual capabilities of South Africans..I happen to love the way their minds work. At least some of them I do.
*grin*

Martin said...

Great post. B) Yeah, I'd like to know how they approached him about his note. "Hey, Bill! See you for a second? How heavy has your period been this month?"

Anonymous said...

Yep, the guy's got cohones, I give him 2 (hahahaha) points for creative visualization!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

Personally, I think that a mental health day is a valid use of a sick day.